- Up to £40k Basic
- 37 hours per week
- 33 Days Holidays + Exc Benefits
- Leading specialist manufacturer with global presence
On behalf of our client, an award winning engineering manufacturer, we are recruiting for a motivated and enthusiastic Mechanical Design Engineer to join their busy Technical Department. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, capable of developing new ideas from Concept through to production.
The Job Role;
- Designing products from concept through to production release to a given specification, agreed timescales and to Quality Management System (QMS)
- Work within a multi-disciplined development team environment and use your own initiative to achieve the project requirements
- Generate detailed general assembly drawings and bill of materials, ensuring they are to the agreed standards and within specification
- Reduce product costs by re-designing existing products, including designing new components and / or assembly
- To collaborate and assist production engineering throughout the design process.
- Produce ECN’s for design updates or changes
Educated to Minimum HNC qualification in a Mechanical Engineering discipline, and along with a strong design background, ideally you will have the following skills and experience;
- Working industry knowledge of Solidworks (3+ years)
- Strong mechanical design engineering experience, (5+ years)
- Work to a high standard, have a keen eye for detail and to fully check other engineers work.
- Design of sheet metal / fabricated components and assemblies
- Design for Assembly & Design for Manufacture (DFA/DFM)
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD LT and/or Draftsight
If you have the above experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer please send your CV to Chris Chambury at The Recruitment Fix.