Our client is a global manufacturing company and a market leader that supplies specialist products to environmental, aerospace and marine markets. Their growth forecast for the future is very impressive and to compliment this TRF Professional are recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer working on Custom Engineered Products to join their busy team.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the main objective of this role is to work to provide the best quality Custom Engineered Products, Converted Items and Services to Customers and to achieve continuous improvement in all aspects of their delivery.
• Provide Project based Engineering expertise for all aspects of Custom Products manufacturing and continuous improvement Projects and initiatives
• For each Project; define the Project purpose and objectives, create the plan of action including identification of resources required and schedule of activities, execute the Project, monitor and control the Project time / cost / quality baselines and finally close the Project and document the outcome
• Act as focal point for Global Custom Product integration initiatives that are to be implemented
• Manages New Custom Product Design Definition Process and integration to point of handover for productionisation
• Working as Customer contact to understand their Custom Product requirements and creating value added solutions that satisfy the Customer
• Prototype Manufacture to develop new products
• As and when required Support Customer on-site visits
• Act as conduit between the Customer requirements and production to ensure that all requirements are translated into internal documentation
• Responsible for material and labour estimating for all new product enquiries enabling product quotations
• Project Management of key new equipment requirements and installation
• Champion Lean Manufacturing principles during production
• Primary interface with all departments for New Custom Product Introduction
• Supporting review and reporting of production efficiencies; plant, resources and material. Driving continuous improvement in all aspects of manufacture by identifying, reviewing and implementing the most appropriate production techniques. Establish a continuous process to validate and improve efficiency within the Custom Products Team
• Identify tools required such as Value Stream Mapping, 6S, Continuous Improvement etc. and introduce, train and integrate them into the organisation
The successful candidate will have previous Advanced Composites experience along with ;
• Experience within a busy Production environment essential
• Degree educated or relevant work experience
• Well organised, confident, self-motivated individual with experience in a similar role
• A drive for continual improvement
• A Team member with good communication skills
• A strong problem solver
Hours of work are Monday to Friday and salary is negotiable depending on experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company that can offer continued career development.
To apply, in confidence, please send your CV to Chris Chambury at TRF Engineering , a specialist division of the Recruitment Fix.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.