Working alongside our client, a well established and respected local business, we are looking to recruit an experienced Production Manager, ideally with a background in the textile manufacturing industry.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the efficient running of all the associated production processes and to maintain product quality to specification and cost standards.
You will contribute to the overall manufacturing strategy in compliance with customer specific standards and environmental regulations.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
• Effective management of manufacturing site.
• Overview of production/planning schedules covering all production processes.
• Ensure planned Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
• Making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
• Identify reasons for downtime and determine corrective actions necessary to improve machine utilisation.
• Use established problem solving skills to resolve machine / product quality issues in a timely manner.
• Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
• Lead and direct Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) initiatives and pro-actively seek improvements in productivity, quality and cost reduction.
• Monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
• Ensure manufacturing instructions are followed and amended where appropriate to reflect current standards.
• Participate in the training and evaluation of new or re-assigned team members.
• Ensure consistency of manufacturing performance across all shift patterns via effective teamwork and communication with all production personnel.
• Encourage and work closely with production team members to achieve KPI targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established team that can offer a wealth of knowledge and support. A long- term career opportunity along with progression for the right candidate.
To apply, in confidence, please send your CV to Nick Dale at TRF Technical, a specialist division of the Recruitment Fix.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.