Our client is a global manufacturing company and a market leader that supplies specialist products to environmental, aerospace and marine markets. Their growth forecast for the future is very impressive and to compliment this TRF Professional are recruiting for an experienced Production Planner to join their busy team.
The main objective is to support the department by playing a key role in optimising the efficiency of the processes within the Production environment, using excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
• Responsible for the complete overview of all area Production jobs – Yearly / Quarterly / Monthly and Weekly Planning horizons
• Responsible for establishing and communicating daily work priorities to Supervisors for them to discharge
• Key contact between Production and Customer Service and Purchasing Functions
• Plan and prepare production schedules in order to meet business and customer demands
• Responsible for effective capacity management of production processes, plant, material and labour resources
• Generate production reports to fulfill department KPIs including top level variance discussion and communication
• Lead and implement improvements to the Production planning and execution processes
• Proactively seek improvement opportunity and work with other Production Team members to delivery against these
• Quantify opportunity for improvement based on resource, throughput, quality and productivity measures
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent communication skills
• Proactive approach to colleagues and customer needs
• Flexibility and the ability to prioritise with an organised approach to work
• Proven problem solver
• Competent in use of Microsoft packages Excel and Word
• A knowledge of the Navision in house system would be beneficial
• Planning experience within a busy production environment is essential
• Educated to at least G.C.S.E. standard and relevant work experience
Hours of work are Monday to Friday and salary is negotiable depending on experience. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company that can offer continued career development.
To apply, in confidence, please send your CV to Chris Chambury at TRF Professional, a specialist division of the Recruitment Fix.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.