On behalf of our client TRF Engineering are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to join one of the market leaders in creating, building and selling customised vehicles in the United Kingdom. They have some of the most advanced workshops in the industry, incorporating the latest technologies in design, engineering and class leading manufacturing, complemented by traditional, time honored building crafts and workmanship. This is an exciting opening to join a leading company with excellent training and development opportunities.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Involved with the design and building of assembly cells and workbench layouts.
• Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows identifying weaknesses with existing methods and implementing change and improvements establishing an effective and efficient work sequence.
• Create processes and procedures to assist the business in meeting budgetary goals as well as performance objectives combined with driving efficiency improvements.
• Provide build documentation and training for production staff (SOP, CWI’s).
• in such practices and possess a working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
• Organise plant improvement and shut-down schedules to ensure minimum loss of production time.
• Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes
• Effective communicator with the ability to present clearly and concisely.
• Understanding of engineering, scientific and other technical information.
• Proficient IT and application skills.
• Efficient & effective problem resolution skills.
• Demonstrable experience at applying and ensuring health and safety practices are adhered to during implementation & change.
• Strong project management skills.
• Collaborative team player when required.
The Company is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join their in-house Engineering team at the Bolton site. This role will suit a candidate from a SME background, who is used to working in a high value, low volume manufacturing environment, ideally within an automotive or machinery manufacturing industry and possessing a lean manufacturing qualification and an engineering qualification would be an advantage but not essential if experienced.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 5.30pm
Salary: £33,000 – £40,000 dependant on experience
To apply in confidence, please send you CV to Annmarie Law at TRF Engineering, a specialist division of The Recruitment Fix.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.