Graduate Estimator 205 views
- Salary Offer 24-28k
- Salary Offer 24-28k
- Address Halifax
A successful design and project Management Company of FF&E services are looking to recruit a graduate for the role of Estimator.
This is a new role which has been created to meet business demands and will require a degree qualified technically minded person able to read and understand technical drawing and specification documents.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel is essential. Experience with Revit, AutoCAD and/or 3D design software would be advantageous.
Reporting to the Bid Director and Estimating Manager, you will be a key member of the team undertaking detailed pricing ideal and take off for a number of projects.
Through personal development the long-term aim will be to develop into an integral self-sufficient member of the Bid Team who is able to successfully tender, design, negotiate and secure projects/orders for the business as well as manage client relationships to ensure future work.
- Attend pre and post tender meetings with clients to discuss our quote.
- Assess enquiry documentation which can include drawings, specifications, employers’ requirements, NBS, etc.
- Preparation of quote with above information and our proposed product information.
- Preparation of supplementary documents to assist with the bid process. This could be Layouts, 3D visuals, specification booklets, mood boards, etc.
- Create and issue enquiry packs to existing supply chain partners to allow completion of quotes. This can be in the form of bill of quantities, specifications, drawings, visuals, etc.
- Analysis and assessment of completed enquiry packs from supply chain partners.
- Negotiations with supply chain partners such as discounts, payment terms, etc.
- Assist with the development of our supply chain by identifying potential new suppliers.
- Assist with the design, procurement and installation of any samples / sample rooms which may be required. Prepare documentation for pre let meetings with the Design and Contracts departments prior to attending pre-let meeting with the client (along with the Design and Contracts department).
- Formally brief and handover successfully won projects to the Design and Contracts departments.
- Assist the Design and Contracts departments with any queries they may have during the delivery of the project.
In return the company offers an excellent starting salary along with excellent career prospects along with other company benefits.
For further information please send your CV in confidence to Sue Holden at The Recruitment Fix Ltd