On behalf of our client TRF Engineering are recruiting for a Design Engineer to join one of the market leaders in creating, building and selling customised vehicles in the United Kingdom. They have some of the most advanced workshops in the industry, incorporating the latest technologies in design, engineering and class leading manufacturing, complemented by traditional, time honoured building crafts and workmanship. This is an exciting opening to join a leading company with excellent training and development opportunities.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Experience working within a low volume specialist manufacturer.
• Sound working knowledge of 2 & 3D CAD and CATIA V5 experience is essential.
• Mechanical component, assembly + Jig & Fixture design experience.
• A clear understanding of design for manufacture at both a component and final assembly level.
• A broad knowledge of manual manufacturing and assembly processes.
• Champion of continuous improvement, and the tools employed in such practices.
• Technical troubleshooting & analysis.
• Bills of Labour & Material creation.
• Liaising with outside suppliers on technical aspects & internal stakeholders.
• Manual / Procedural documentation creation.
• Solid & surface modelling preferred.
• BIW and Trim experience.
• Experience in the Automotive industry and vehicle systems is desirable.
• Experience/or working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles is desirable.
• Type Approval knowledge and surface experience is desirable.
• Degree / HND & +3 years minimum industry experience ideally.
• Relative apprenticeship & minimum HNC with demonstrable +5 years history of progression.
• Good team player.
• Effective communicator at all levels.
• ‘Hands on’ practical qualities and approach to problem solving.
The Company is looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their in-house Engineering team at the Bolton site. This role will suit a candidate from a SME background, who is used to working in a high value, low volume manufacturing environment, ideally within an automotive or machinery manufacturing industry and possessing a lean manufacturing qualification and an engineering qualification would be an advantage but not essential if experienced.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday 7.30am – 5.30pm
Salary: dependant on experience
To apply in confidence, please send you CV to Annmarie Law at TRF Engineering, a specialist division of The Recruitment Fix.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.